.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} Searching for the Moon
My original blog - I have moved to http://shannonclark.wordpress.com so this remains only as an archive.
 
Archives
<< current
 

Searching for the Moon
by Shannon Clark
 

Monday, July 22, 2002


Breakfast, and shopping at Dominicks on a Sunday night

I ate breakfast this morning.

This is highly unusual behavior for me (as is leaving my house just minutes after 8:00am). I can not fully explain it, except to say that I had to have pancakes and eggs - still haven't had my coffee yet however.

I usually shop for groceries at the Treasure Island across the street from me, and usually restrict myself to what will fit in one, or at most two bags so I can just walk them across the street to my home.

As a result, I rarely buy large sizes, and tend to buy just enough food for the next week at the most. For fresh fruit and vegetables, I sometimes buy them at Treasure Island, but lately have taken to shopping at Stanley's, a great fruit and vegetable market just a few minutes from my home.

Why do I mention this? Well last night, I did something different. I shopped at Dominicks - it has been years since I have. Dominicks is associated in my mind with shopping with my mom while growing up, it was where we did most of our grocery shopping.

I am not a big supermarket type of guy anymore I guess - I found shopping last night vaguely irritating.

Mostly, because of the "Fresh Values" card - the whole concept irritates me - that in return for tracking my every purchase, they will give me the sales - but if I refuse to let them track me, I can not take advantage of any of their (to be fair, rather substantial at times) sale prices.

Very irritating actually. Truthfully a large reason why I no longer shop at Dominicks or Jewel - I refuse to have my every action tracked when deciding brands of mayo or hot dogs - and the lack of easily useable sales is annoying.

As was the multiple aisles with water dripping from the ceiling (not a real appitizing site I must say). Or some (but not all) of the people who were shopping with me on a Sunday night - many were regular folks, even some cute woman (they do say that people in fact do meet in the produce section - but I would avoid the produce section late on a Sunday night - not the freshest of fruits) - but many were a bit "peculiar".

Anyway, I managed to avoid getting soaked by falling water, and navigated my way through the maze of sale items to find reasonably priced items to buy for my home - and for some reason I was on a breakfast tear.

So, I bought brown eggs, a large package of frozen sausages, pancake mix, a replacement 100% pure maple syrup (as I knew I was running low) and this morning I had myself a small, very tasty breakfast.

Two eggs, over easy. Three sausage patties. And four pancakes. Prepared with only a touch of butter for the eggs and pancakes (non-stick pans rock).

Very tasty.


7/22/2002 09:00:00 AM 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.
Listed on BlogShares



Shannon John Clark (email me), b. 1974.

Male (to hold off the assumptions), currently in Chicago, IL.
I am active on many other forums and sites around the Internet. If I am online, feel free to Skype me.
You are also welcome to connect with me on Omidyar Networks on LinkedIn or Ryze.com and my blog on Ecademy or see more about me at MeshForum or my corporate site, JigZaw . I also maintain piecing IT together, as my corporate blog for JigZaw Inc.