.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} Searching for the Moon
My original blog - I have moved to http://shannonclark.wordpress.com so this remains only as an archive.
 
Archives
<< current
 

Searching for the Moon
by Shannon Clark
 

Wednesday, July 31, 2002


Mail, part 2 - and communications

Well, at lunch today I went to my local post office, waited, and filed a formal complaint about my mail service.

Surprise surprise, they had about 6 pieces of mail for me right then and there, and then this afternoon they delivered another 6 pieces of mail - including three bills we were waiting on (all lower this month than last - which is good). So that was probably worth spending some time on - now if only it also works with my personal mail at home as well.

On a related subject - I have noticed an odd trend of late - some number of people with whom I have corresponded for various reasons have simply not replied to email or messages I have left them. Not sure why, I hope it is not something I said or something in the manner in which I wrote, but it is disconcerting - a vague sense that people are not listening or don't care.

In business this is, perhaps, what I have to overcome to be a great salesperson - much like a major league baseball player, it is all about the averages, and a great performance from a salesperson is on the order of one in five people getting back to you when you pitch to them.

In personal correspondance however, I would hope it is not like sales - though I guess when you are first meeting someone you are "selling" - selling yourself.

Friends of mine seem capable of engaging quickly in conversations with people met online or in person - in a manner and way that I seem unable to anymore - once I was, now it seems more difficult - for some reason more often than not my emails go unanswered.

Not sure why.

7/31/2002 05:06:00 PM 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.
Listed on BlogShares



Shannon John Clark (email me), b. 1974.

Male (to hold off the assumptions), currently in Chicago, IL.
I am active on many other forums and sites around the Internet. If I am online, feel free to Skype me.
You are also welcome to connect with me on Omidyar Networks on LinkedIn or Ryze.com and my blog on Ecademy or see more about me at MeshForum or my corporate site, JigZaw . I also maintain piecing IT together, as my corporate blog for JigZaw Inc.