.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} Searching for the Moon
My original blog - I have moved to http://shannonclark.wordpress.com so this remains only as an archive.
 
Archives
<< current
 

Searching for the Moon
by Shannon Clark
 

Friday, July 19, 2002


Power

of the electrical type

This morning, at about 4:48AM (or so, basing this on my logs), the access box for the T1 to my office building failed. I think that a day ago it had gone to a battery backup, as power to the office where it is installed was cut by our landlord.

So, for about four hours this morning I could not recieve email, my website was offline (my corporate site), and who knows how my ongoing auctions on eBay and other matters were impacted.

All for a lack of power.

Annoyingly, the service provider did not call anyone, did not send anyone out to fix it, did not do anything to support (or even show that they noticed) the sudden drop in connection to one of their customers. (probably this is due to the fact that they are quiting the Chicago market in less than a month, but still it is highly annoying.

7/19/2002 09:31:00 AM 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.
Listed on BlogShares



Shannon John Clark (email me), b. 1974.

Male (to hold off the assumptions), currently in Chicago, IL.
I am active on many other forums and sites around the Internet. If I am online, feel free to Skype me.
You are also welcome to connect with me on Omidyar Networks on LinkedIn or Ryze.com and my blog on Ecademy or see more about me at MeshForum or my corporate site, JigZaw . I also maintain piecing IT together, as my corporate blog for JigZaw Inc.