.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} Searching for the Moon
My original blog - I have moved to http://shannonclark.wordpress.com so this remains only as an archive.
 
Archives
<< current
 

Searching for the Moon
by Shannon Clark
 

Friday, July 19, 2002


Three upcoming events

I am trying to get a group of people together to do "stuff" with - so I have started emailing my friends with upcoming events to join me at.

Here is most of the most recent email I sent out - with three upcoming events here in Chicago to attend and go to.

Three events in the upcoming week - please RSVP if you are interested in joining me at any (or all) of these activities.

First, a chance for a guided tour of four art galleries in the River North gallery district. Tomorrow morning at 10:00 (Saturday, July 20th) a group will start at the Starbucks at Franklin and Chicago and will then tour four local galleries. The guide is from the Chicago association of art dealers - the tour is free and should be fun.

Second, Dr. Strangelove will be shown TUESDAY night in Grant Park as part of the City of Chicago's film in the park series. The film will start at sunset. The screen is located at Lake Shore Drive and Monroe. I have a dinner meeting until 7:30 so I plan on arriving at 8:00 to spread out a blanket and enjoy a great film on a very large screen.

If you are interested in joining me, please RSVP to arrange a spot to meet, or call me on my cell phone

Third, NEXT weekend (July 26 and 27th) is the Newberry Library bookfair (which actually starts on the 25th) and the Bughouse Square Debates.

Bughouse Square is the park just south of the Newberry Library. For most of Chicago's history it was the Chicago equivalent of Speaker's Corner in Hyde Park, London - a spot where anyone with a point to make could literally get up on a soapbox and speak. In celebration of this history, once a year people gather and speeches are made on a very very wide range of topics - should be fun (and the bookfair is quite good as well).

I plan on going at least on Saturday the 26th, and possibly on Sunday as well.

7/19/2002 12:49:00 PM 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.
Listed on BlogShares



Shannon John Clark (email me), b. 1974.

Male (to hold off the assumptions), currently in Chicago, IL.
I am active on many other forums and sites around the Internet. If I am online, feel free to Skype me.
You are also welcome to connect with me on Omidyar Networks on LinkedIn or Ryze.com and my blog on Ecademy or see more about me at MeshForum or my corporate site, JigZaw . I also maintain piecing IT together, as my corporate blog for JigZaw Inc.