.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} Searching for the Moon
My original blog - I have moved to http://shannonclark.wordpress.com so this remains only as an archive.
 
Archives
<< current
 

Searching for the Moon
by Shannon Clark
 

Wednesday, August 14, 2002


La Nuit

The night

I walked back to my office this evening, returning here for a few minutes on my way home, and I noticed a number of unusual sights.

Tonight I attended "Le reunions Francophone" where I mostly sat and listened, spoke a little, and tried to follow the conversations all around me - enjoyable but also challenging. Perhaps however, a good practice in listening for me - albiet a listening where if I really wanted to understand what was being said completely I would have to interject from time to time with questions and requests for explications on certain phrases and words - I think I caught most of the conversations but I am also sure there were some sublties that I missed.

In any case, back to my walk over here.

The protester outside of the Chinese Embassy, who seems to appear there each evening had left when I again walked past that building on my way back this evening - not sure what she is protesting, but the same woman (though I have seen men there as well) takes up a position across the street from the embassy and just stands or sits there staring at the embassy building - a rather odd sight.

There were spotlights on my block this evening, but not for anything I can explain.

It was not for the nightclub on the corner, they seem to be closed this evening, nor for the very hip new steakhouse across the street - the place with 50 tables outside on the sidewalk (must have paid someone off for that).

Nope, it was for, I think, a restaurant in the middle of the block.

Whats odd is that they have been open for a couple of months now, and they did not seem to be particularly packed this evening, nor did they seem to be having anything special or unique - rather just seemed like their usual crowd.

In anycase, there were spotlights on my block tonight - and it was interesting to follow them up the edges of the buildings into beams shing first in four directions then combined into one beam piercing the night sky.

Illuminating.

8/14/2002 09:16:00 PM 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.
Listed on BlogShares



Shannon John Clark (email me), b. 1974.

Male (to hold off the assumptions), currently in Chicago, IL.
I am active on many other forums and sites around the Internet. If I am online, feel free to Skype me.
You are also welcome to connect with me on Omidyar Networks on LinkedIn or Ryze.com and my blog on Ecademy or see more about me at MeshForum or my corporate site, JigZaw . I also maintain piecing IT together, as my corporate blog for JigZaw Inc.