.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} Searching for the Moon
My original blog - I have moved to http://shannonclark.wordpress.com so this remains only as an archive.
 
Archives
<< current
 

Searching for the Moon
by Shannon Clark
 

Monday, August 26, 2002


One of my favorite places

or the story of the Korean Restaurant, named.... "Korean Restaurant"

For many years, probably going on 10 now, one of my favorite places in Chicago has been a restaurant on Lawerence Ave. that is a 24hr Korean Restaurant. Through countless late nights it has been my solution to "what can I eat for dinner when I am hungry after 11:00pm in Chicago" or more usually "after 3 am".

However, five months ago they had a fire in their kitchen and closed down.

Perhaps just how traumatic this was for me I did not fully comprehend, certainly I have often over the past four months found myself driving north just to look and see if they had reopened yet, always however being disappointed and having to resort to lesser places, sometimes not Korean places, and often more expensive and not as tasty.

So, this weekend, when I found myself far north having driven a friend home from a potluck lunch that had stretched late into the night, I decided to drive by, on the off chance that they were open.

Surprise.

They were open (or, to quote their banner "We opening 24hr 7 days") so not the most English language fluent of places, but good food and you can point to your choices on the menu and usually get something very tasty.

The interior was mostly unchanged, the same tables and chairs, but new lamps and new artwork on the walls. The menus were new, most of their old dishes, but reordered on the menu, some new dishes (at least new on the English language translations - for all I know they may have always been on the menu but untranslated), and some new dishes are served slightly differently.

I went back for dinner again Sunday night, I'll probably return a few times more this week. Feels very good to have a piece of Chicago that I had feared lost returned.

This week is my week for the past returning, a contact called me today whom I had thought was no longer at his firm, not only is the small project I had started for him possibly going to be finished (and my company paid), but he had at least one small additional project for me to work on - a very good kind of past returning.

8/26/2002 02:40:00 PM 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.
Listed on BlogShares



Shannon John Clark (email me), b. 1974.

Male (to hold off the assumptions), currently in Chicago, IL.
I am active on many other forums and sites around the Internet. If I am online, feel free to Skype me.
You are also welcome to connect with me on Omidyar Networks on LinkedIn or Ryze.com and my blog on Ecademy or see more about me at MeshForum or my corporate site, JigZaw . I also maintain piecing IT together, as my corporate blog for JigZaw Inc.