.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} Searching for the Moon
My original blog - I have moved to http://shannonclark.wordpress.com so this remains only as an archive.
 
Archives
<< current
 

Searching for the Moon
by Shannon Clark
 

Monday, September 30, 2002


To a good week, and better habits

Okay, today is a day for some really bad habits of mine, but perhaps counteracted by some hopefully good new ones.

First the bad, I pulled an "all nighter" - yup, like many a night back in college I was up all night - this time working on a proposal for a client.

It is not quite as bad as it sounds, Sunday I did sleep in until nearly 12:30, so I was already opperating on a slightly off-kilter sleep schedule, and my afternoon and evening were rather quiet. Mostly I ran some minor errands, and then got back to my building for a reception after the funeral of one of the coolest people in the building - died rather suddenly at age 64 from advanced cancer.

After that reception, I rested and thought for a while in preparation - finally around 12:30am I showered and changed into fresh clothes, left the house, and went to a 24hr diner, where I sat for two hours writing out the proposal on paper, and virtuously only had two cups of coffee and ate some fresh fruit and cottage cheese.

Then I arrived here at my office, and spent the early morning writing up the proposal - not half badly if I do say so myself.

That's that bad habit - staying up really late to finish things just in time.

Now for the good, virtuous new habit. This morning, after sending out drafts of the proposal to a few people to look over quickly, I walked home (1 mile), changed, and then exercised for 20 minutes - just on a stationary lifecycle machine, but still enought o break into a sweat, and it was according to the machine 5+ miles uphill so I did burn some calories and do some real exercises, before showering I did about 25 situps/crunchs - yeah, not a whole lot, but still more than I usually do.

My goal is to get into a habit of using that room for 20-30 minutes each morning - I listened to NPR while I cycled so the time passed rather quickly - better to do this than waste that time lounging in bed.

So one good new habit hopefully, but sparked by a continuation of a bad old habit... not sure if this progress or not.

9/30/2002 09:11:00 AM 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.
Listed on BlogShares



Shannon John Clark (email me), b. 1974.

Male (to hold off the assumptions), currently in Chicago, IL.
I am active on many other forums and sites around the Internet. If I am online, feel free to Skype me.
You are also welcome to connect with me on Omidyar Networks on LinkedIn or Ryze.com and my blog on Ecademy or see more about me at MeshForum or my corporate site, JigZaw . I also maintain piecing IT together, as my corporate blog for JigZaw Inc.