.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} Searching for the Moon
My original blog - I have moved to http://shannonclark.wordpress.com so this remains only as an archive.
 
Archives
<< current
 

Searching for the Moon
by Shannon Clark
 

Monday, January 06, 2003


New Year's Goals

some big, some small

1. Pay myself. This means, grow my business to the point past I just cover my own costs, but to the point where I actually start getting a return on my investment of the past three years of my life.

2. Graduate from College. I made a pact with a friend, we would attend each graduation ceremony at the University of Chicago until the one we ourselves were participating in. As the ceremonies will get longer and longer, and more and more boring each quarter, this is some incentive for me to get down to campus, find a kindly professor to grad a BA thesis, pay some late fees at the library, and otherwise beg and plead with department chairs and deans of students to finally get a degree. Not that it will do much directly for my career (see point one) but it will mark an end of one part of my life and the beginning of a new one.

3. Clean, organize, and furnish my apartment. Point one being important and helpful here - but not all of it, some of it is just time, effort, and some creativity in figuring out what stays, where it goes,a nd what I can get rid off - what needs to be hidden in the closets and what can be useful out of them. It will mean spending money, potentially lots of it, but should be well worth it in the end.

4. Loose some weight. I am gradually doing this by simply eating less, watching what I eat, and eating less often, but I probably should find some other ways of accelerating this - probably more regular exercise (my 15+ miles of walking a week is not bad for my legs, need something that will help with my stomach however - which is where my fat and weight gain is, not sure if a stationary cycle would do this, perhaps a rowing machine, probably weight lifting but I don't have a partner to work out with)

5. Not end the year having spent the entire year single. I'm not seeking to get married and have kids, or neccessarily find the love of my life - just not to spend the entire year completely single - as I have spent the past four years, and all but a few months of the previous 8 years. Certainly points 1, 3 and 4 should help here - and who knows, perhaps point 2 as well - certainly hanging around a college campus would be better than being home alone in terms of meeting people.

6. Finish at least one of my writing projects - whether it is a book or a screenplay haven't yet fully decided, but I want to finish one of them. Related to this, organize my writing and start a serious process of submitting my poems, short stories, and other writings to appropriate places for publication.

My output of writing has been growing each year, however more and more of it has been non-fiction. Personal entries such as this blog, other online blogs, and participation in various online communities. One plus - in at least one of those they have promised to buy my first novel when I sell it... so that's good at least. And fairly uniformly I have been told that my posts are intelligent, informative, and people do in fact read them - so that too is good.

Not sure how many people in fact read this blog - haven't been keeping it as uptodate as I used to, but it still seems that about 5-6 people a day look at it, how many are returning from day to day I'm not sure.

(you are always welcome to leave comments here or to drop me a line - love to hear from people who read what I write)

1/06/2003 06:43:00 PM 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.
Listed on BlogShares



Shannon John Clark (email me), b. 1974.

Male (to hold off the assumptions), currently in Chicago, IL.
I am active on many other forums and sites around the Internet. If I am online, feel free to Skype me.
You are also welcome to connect with me on Omidyar Networks on LinkedIn or Ryze.com and my blog on Ecademy or see more about me at MeshForum or my corporate site, JigZaw . I also maintain piecing IT together, as my corporate blog for JigZaw Inc.