.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} Searching for the Moon
My original blog - I have moved to http://shannonclark.wordpress.com so this remains only as an archive.
 
Archives
<< current
 

Searching for the Moon
by Shannon Clark
 

Monday, February 17, 2003


a piece of writing may be up soon

well it is non-fiction and unpaid - but still, it is a solicited contribution to a high volume, high traffic website run by someone I respect and admire - and who's print publication I have been following for years - so pretty cool. More when I know that the article is going up. It's just about 600 words - so not very long - but on a topic I have been thinking about for many months.

In other news, I am also talking with another online correspondant about writing an article - we just went through 8 rounds of emails as a followup to two rounds of posts on the same subject - very calm, cohesive, and interesting posts back and forth. In the end, we arrived at what I think is a very cool vision of the future, and one which might address a real problem online.

So, we are going to start talking about taking our mishmash of notes and emails and writing them up as an article of some form - where we will then look to publish it I do not know - but I think that it would be good content for any number of online (or off line for that matter) magazines. Again, non-fiction, very business oriented, and semi-technical (though not all that technical - it is more about the business aspects of online content publishing).

In fact, I may suggest it to the same venue that might publish my first piece - or more ambitously to the editor's print publication for which it might be even better suited.

So all in all a good day for me from a writing perspective.

(oh, did I mention here yet that the Webrats invited me to join them... very cool - more on that shortly)

2/17/2003 08:02:00 PM 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.
Listed on BlogShares



Shannon John Clark (email me), b. 1974.

Male (to hold off the assumptions), currently in Chicago, IL.
I am active on many other forums and sites around the Internet. If I am online, feel free to Skype me.
You are also welcome to connect with me on Omidyar Networks on LinkedIn or Ryze.com and my blog on Ecademy or see more about me at MeshForum or my corporate site, JigZaw . I also maintain piecing IT together, as my corporate blog for JigZaw Inc.