.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} Searching for the Moon
My original blog - I have moved to http://shannonclark.wordpress.com so this remains only as an archive.
 
Archives
<< current
 

Searching for the Moon
by Shannon Clark
 

Wednesday, July 16, 2003


Yahoo! News - Sao Tome Government Overthrown While President Away
Yahoo! News - Sao Tome Government Overthrown While President Away

Small news item, but potentially very important. San Tome is one of the few major, mostly untapped oil rich countries in the world. Potentially there is enough wealth in the oil around San Tome to cattapult the few citizens from their current dire poverty (<$250/year average earnings) into some of the richest people in the world. Billions of barrels of oil, about 150,000 citizens - do the math.

It is also a country which has been discussed as possible location for a US military base, it is off the coast of Africa, near to but not a part of Nigeria, and would be a possible logical base of operations for the US, as well as fairly important area likely to face increasing pressure from nearby countries (especially Nigeria).

7/16/2003 05:21:00 PM 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.
Listed on BlogShares



Shannon John Clark (email me), b. 1974.

Male (to hold off the assumptions), currently in Chicago, IL.
I am active on many other forums and sites around the Internet. If I am online, feel free to Skype me.
You are also welcome to connect with me on Omidyar Networks on LinkedIn or Ryze.com and my blog on Ecademy or see more about me at MeshForum or my corporate site, JigZaw . I also maintain piecing IT together, as my corporate blog for JigZaw Inc.