.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} Searching for the Moon
My original blog - I have moved to http://shannonclark.wordpress.com so this remains only as an archive.
 
Archives
<< current
 

Searching for the Moon
by Shannon Clark
 

Thursday, September 04, 2003


humancompetitive
humancompetitive

Very cool stuff indeed. I need to read most about the underlying algorithms where genetic programming was used to generate "human competitive" results, but this is pretty neat stuff. A lot of my own thinking about AI tends towards self-modifying programs (in essense, more in a bit), though I do have some questions about "genetic" programing - primarily how you create a "fitness test" and allow for variablity.

(think about it in terms of how do you tell whether or not the software that is being generated is "good" or "bad" - and allow for variability in the techniques and algorithms used, but in some effective manner. It is not exactly a simple issue)

Most of my AI work involves writing applications that are data driven in an almost literal way - that is, they may literally rewrite their own code (in a limited fashion) based on what they are working with - this can be somewhat confusing stuff but it also allows for highly generalizable solutions with little that is hardcoded about them. It is not a huge stretch for me to then consider where there is some way (or ways) in which I could introduce variablity into the code/test process and morph into writing "genetic algorithms" for much of the work I do (mostly text pattern recognition and data extraction/mapping)


9/04/2003 10:36:00 AM 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.
Listed on BlogShares



Shannon John Clark (email me), b. 1974.

Male (to hold off the assumptions), currently in Chicago, IL.
I am active on many other forums and sites around the Internet. If I am online, feel free to Skype me.
You are also welcome to connect with me on Omidyar Networks on LinkedIn or Ryze.com and my blog on Ecademy or see more about me at MeshForum or my corporate site, JigZaw . I also maintain piecing IT together, as my corporate blog for JigZaw Inc.