.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} Searching for the Moon
My original blog - I have moved to http://shannonclark.wordpress.com so this remains only as an archive.
 
Archives
<< current
 

Searching for the Moon
by Shannon Clark
 

Wednesday, October 01, 2003


Unboxing
or what you find when you start opening things

So far, a pair of slippers I had completely forgotten I owned, and mounds of trash the day that the Teamsters go on strike and cease garbage collection service for my building. What fun! :)

But seriously I have finished the move from hell, during which time I literally got called by an elevator repairman who had trapped himself in the elevator I needed working to complete my move! And during which time over 5 different repairpeople from that same elevator company, over the course of many days would visit the building trying mostly in vain to fix the elevator from hell.

I now have a living room full of boxes which I have begun to go through, slowly but I am making decent progress in figuring out what needs to go where and in identifying large sections of stuff which I no longer need, when this is all completed, hopefully by the end of this weekend, I will have my home in the best shape that it will ever have been in! So that is one very positive effect of all of this effort.

Tomorrow I will be mostly dealing with getting my webserver back from the dead, somehow the move crashed my system very hard, so we will have to spend a lot of time trying to figure out what went wrong and fix it, I'm most seriously worried that it may have been a hacker attack of some form, which would really and truely suck.

In any case, for today I am going to nap a bit, then get back to the task on hand of going through boxes and closets and piles until I have made room for all of the new items from my office which I now have to keep here at home (and/or have found and identified items which I can either sell, donate or throw completely away. Lots of work but very satisifying as well.


10/01/2003 05:49:00 PM 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.
Listed on BlogShares



Shannon John Clark (email me), b. 1974.

Male (to hold off the assumptions), currently in Chicago, IL.
I am active on many other forums and sites around the Internet. If I am online, feel free to Skype me.
You are also welcome to connect with me on Omidyar Networks on LinkedIn or Ryze.com and my blog on Ecademy or see more about me at MeshForum or my corporate site, JigZaw . I also maintain piecing IT together, as my corporate blog for JigZaw Inc.