.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} Searching for the Moon
My original blog - I have moved to http://shannonclark.wordpress.com so this remains only as an archive.
 
Archives
<< current
 

Searching for the Moon
by Shannon Clark
 

Thursday, November 27, 2003


unstruct.org - Unstructured Information Management
unstruct.org - Unstructured Information Management

A site I need to spend a lot of time reading and looking at, as well as potentially should contact to explore an idea I have for a new organization and conference (non-profit most likely designed to be a networking tool for people writing systems that extract data automatically and then deal with it - whether from "unstructured" data sources, the "semi-structured" sources I tend to deal with, or even from "structured" sources (emphasis on the plural as being the case with AI comes in handy). I would like to then expand to also include people do search, classification and other related topics, as well as people who are looking at the technology and applications of "network theory")

Here I mean "network" in the form of connections not just technical networks (which are one type of "network" but networks of people, cells busineses etc. There is an emerging but not fully named or understood discipline that is studying networks - in terms of organizational structure, growth patterns, and "end" states (all connected to all, independant clusters, etc.

Very cool stuff, in any case the site offers some positive viewpoint about what might be a workable means of growing my idea into something that happens and is viable.

11/27/2003 12:21:00 AM 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.
Listed on BlogShares



Shannon John Clark (email me), b. 1974.

Male (to hold off the assumptions), currently in Chicago, IL.
I am active on many other forums and sites around the Internet. If I am online, feel free to Skype me.
You are also welcome to connect with me on Omidyar Networks on LinkedIn or Ryze.com and my blog on Ecademy or see more about me at MeshForum or my corporate site, JigZaw . I also maintain piecing IT together, as my corporate blog for JigZaw Inc.