.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} Searching for the Moon
My original blog - I have moved to http://shannonclark.wordpress.com so this remains only as an archive.
 
Archives
<< current
 

Searching for the Moon
by Shannon Clark
 

Friday, June 04, 2004


An offer I am considering making
If you read this and are interested in taking me up on this offer, please email me at shannon at jigzaw.com.

My company, JigZaw Inc wrote a software product, Decisa: Contract Compliance software a few years ago. Based on a product that a client of ours wanted, it offers an easy way to manage via a web browser, a portfolio of legal contracts. Within Decisa it is easy to view the individual clauses of a complex contract and view it in relationship to other contracts within Decisa - either other vendors or a company reference/standard contract.

While I am very active in organizing MeshForum at the moment, I am also still working on selling Decisa and my other consulting services.

So, with that in mind I have decided to make an offer, first here on my blog, but I will also make it on the JigZaw website, via email and one local business networking websites and mailing list.

I would like to work with local businesses to enter contracts into Decisa and to then analyze these contracts, as well as the company's financial transactions related to those contracts, for opportunities via enforcing the terms of the contracts to find immediate revenue enhancements or direct savings. As well via this process in many cases (dependant on the types of contracts being managed) Decisa will help identify risks.

The process for a company deploying Decisa in partnership with me would be:

- identify and locate a set of contracts to manage, in some cases this may require pulling paper files from many offices and departments (or at times requesting copies from lawyers or vendors)

- enter the contracts, managing the specific relevant clauses (customized for each firm)

- analyzing the contracts in relationship with the transactions around the contracts - this phase will require working very closely with the client, ideally in a consultative role, though if required I will find contract accountants (in both sense of that phrase) and bring them in to the project.

Our regular pricing for the consulting services and software would be in the range of $35,000-100,000 (depending on the number of contracts to be managed and the number of hours of consulting services needed).

Instead I will offer this for $20,000 for up to 2 months of time as well as the software service (on a hosted service, on a installed server would add $5,000 to the costs).

Further, if after 2 months we have not already identified at least $25,000 in savings, I will refund $10,000, provide the data to the company and destroy all copies on JigZaw servers (if being used).

All work would be done under strict NDA.

If you are interested in learning more about this offer or discussing specifics (or making a counter proposal to me, I am open to alternative suggestions), please contact me as soon as possible.

I am confident that most companies with a set of similar, complex, long duration contracts are currently missing many opportunities due to the processes and complexity of providing knowledge about the specifics of each contract to the managers manging the relationship with each party. As well, while in a 2 month period many opportunities for cost savings may not be present (due ot the nature of the contracts or opportunities that only occur on contract renewal) for any given firm there will be more than, I fully expect, $25,000 in savings to be found.

6/04/2004 10:27:00 PM 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.
Listed on BlogShares



Shannon John Clark (email me), b. 1974.

Male (to hold off the assumptions), currently in Chicago, IL.
I am active on many other forums and sites around the Internet. If I am online, feel free to Skype me.
You are also welcome to connect with me on Omidyar Networks on LinkedIn or Ryze.com and my blog on Ecademy or see more about me at MeshForum or my corporate site, JigZaw . I also maintain piecing IT together, as my corporate blog for JigZaw Inc.