.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} Searching for the Moon
My original blog - I have moved to http://shannonclark.wordpress.com so this remains only as an archive.
 
Archives
<< current
 

Searching for the Moon
by Shannon Clark
 

Tuesday, November 02, 2004


Voted - thoughts on campaigns of the future
This afternoon I voted, no problems though too many judges (some undeserving) on the ballot - hope efforts to get people to vote for the judges and to vote out incompetant ones worked.

I voted for John Kerry, not out of great love for the Democratic party (I'm an independent) but I am happy to vote for a centrist and for change, as well as for someone whose plans (and supporters) I back (mostly at least).

As I sit here in Starbucks listening to NPR, surfing the web, I had a few thoughts.

It makes me very pleased to hear about very high turnouts and that people are putting up with the lines and challenges to make sure that they get a chance to vote. I strongly suspect that this will help Kerry considerably, hopefully in at least a few surprising places.

One commentor suggested that next election cycle there may be an "Internet Candidate" not sure if that will happen as quickly as 2008, but it may. More importantly however I hope that if there is enough turnout and activity all around the country that in future campaigns many more states and much more of the country will be "in play" - and thus get real, serious attention by the candidates and elected officials overall.

Just some random thoughts - more as I watch what I hope turns into a clear victory with long coattails.

11/02/2004 06:08:00 PM 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.
Listed on BlogShares



Shannon John Clark (email me), b. 1974.

Male (to hold off the assumptions), currently in Chicago, IL.
I am active on many other forums and sites around the Internet. If I am online, feel free to Skype me.
You are also welcome to connect with me on Omidyar Networks on LinkedIn or Ryze.com and my blog on Ecademy or see more about me at MeshForum or my corporate site, JigZaw . I also maintain piecing IT together, as my corporate blog for JigZaw Inc.