.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} Searching for the Moon
My original blog - I have moved to http://shannonclark.wordpress.com so this remains only as an archive.
 
Archives
<< current
 

Searching for the Moon
by Shannon Clark
 

Thursday, March 10, 2005


Sometimes in April - HBO Films March 19th
This evening I went to an advance screening of "Sometimes in April" by HBO Films

When this is shown on HBO films on March 19th - watch it. Buy HBO if you have to. Make friends with someone who does.

Only, while this is an important film to see, don't see it expecting something fun - it is about the genocide in Rwanda - from the perspective of two Hutu brothers. One who was in the military and married to a Tutsi woman, the other a radio DJ (eventually to be tried by the genocide tribunal - the radios were used to incite the genocide).

A powerful, unflinching film. Every American should see it. But see it when you have time to reflect, when you are surrounded by loved ones, and don't have a very full stomach (not without gore - but if a film about a genocide where over 1 million people died didn't have some dead bodies and violence...)

Not a film for children, certainly not young children - though older children will be challenged and probably should see it - but be prepared for very tough questions and lengthy discussions.

3/10/2005 09:52:00 PM 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.
Listed on BlogShares



Shannon John Clark (email me), b. 1974.

Male (to hold off the assumptions), currently in Chicago, IL.
I am active on many other forums and sites around the Internet. If I am online, feel free to Skype me.
You are also welcome to connect with me on Omidyar Networks on LinkedIn or Ryze.com and my blog on Ecademy or see more about me at MeshForum or my corporate site, JigZaw . I also maintain piecing IT together, as my corporate blog for JigZaw Inc.