.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} Searching for the Moon
My original blog - I have moved to http://shannonclark.wordpress.com so this remains only as an archive.
 
Archives
<< current
 

Searching for the Moon
by Shannon Clark
 

Thursday, May 19, 2005


Scripting News: 5/19/2005
Scripting News: 5/19/2005

Dave Winer is calling for the reinvention of the radio DJ, though he doesn't recognize that.

Tod Maffin is a fantastic source for new podcasts. We ought to organize this better. Somehow we built a centralized system, and we already know that centralized systems suck the life out of communities. How can I ask this question. Tod, I have an hour to spare. What should I listen to? Or alternatively, let's say I want to give Tod my Tuesday walk-time. Every Tuesday he's got something good for me to hear. He had to make a gut-wrenching decision because there are really 18 things he knows I should hear, but I'm only giving him one hour per week. I have six other days. Who else should I give a day to?


Ummm Dave - that's radio. A DJ (or station programmer) fills an hour with what they think you would like to listen to. In a podcast manner it is time-shifted but otherwise how is this different from a radio show? (or for that matter from what Adam Curry is doing with the "podshow" on Sirus?

I see podcasting as something different. I program my own radio via podcasts - at some point in the day I fill my iPod (a 512 M shuffle in my case) with those shows I want to listen to - typically a mix of speakers/talk with music shows, with the occasional "other" (cubscast for my daily dose of sports talk and news, KOMO news for short blurbs of topical news, etc)

5/19/2005 11:19:00 AM 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.
Listed on BlogShares



Shannon John Clark (email me), b. 1974.

Male (to hold off the assumptions), currently in Chicago, IL.
I am active on many other forums and sites around the Internet. If I am online, feel free to Skype me.
You are also welcome to connect with me on Omidyar Networks on LinkedIn or Ryze.com and my blog on Ecademy or see more about me at MeshForum or my corporate site, JigZaw . I also maintain piecing IT together, as my corporate blog for JigZaw Inc.