.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} Searching for the Moon
My original blog - I have moved to http://shannonclark.wordpress.com so this remains only as an archive.
 
Archives
<< current
 

Searching for the Moon
by Shannon Clark
 

Wednesday, June 12, 2002


Salads are yummy.

Last night I prepared what I think will quickly become a signature dish for me - possibly what I will bring to the next potluck I attend. A salad of mixed greens, vine ripened tomatoe, pecans, yellow raisins, and a purple onion in a balsamic vinagrette dressing prepared with extra virgin first pressing olive oil and basil.

Onto this salad after it was well tossed, I added lobster pieces (well fake lobster pieces) which I had cooked in a sauce of - olive oil, garlic powder, cinnamon, worchester sauce, and korean barbeque sauce with some chili peppers.

A very tasty salad with a nice mix of sweet, hot, and tangy - it needed just a touch of salt and pepper and was then extremely tasty - so tasty in fact that I may make another variation of it for my dinner tonight.

I enjoy cooking - it is a fun and satisfying creative outlet - but I am torn because often eating out is one of my few social activities of the day. At least eating out I talk with someone other than myself, if only to order the meal. In the summer in my neighborhood there are lots of sidewalk seating at the local restaurants, often while eating there I see friends and neighbors.

Now back to work...

6/12/2002 01:31:00 PM 0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


 
This page is powered by Blogger.
Listed on BlogShares



Shannon John Clark (email me), b. 1974.

Male (to hold off the assumptions), currently in Chicago, IL.
I am active on many other forums and sites around the Internet. If I am online, feel free to Skype me.
You are also welcome to connect with me on Omidyar Networks on LinkedIn or Ryze.com and my blog on Ecademy or see more about me at MeshForum or my corporate site, JigZaw . I also maintain piecing IT together, as my corporate blog for JigZaw Inc.